Thursday 24 March 2011

Animation Problem



When animating Patchy I used the biped to move his head and neck. I used the two ponytails for his ears to help with showing expressions through body language.

I had a problem moving the ears, when I selected the ponytails to move the ears; the rotate tool was not in the right place. I went into settings and tried to move the rotation tool back in the right place. Also, when I moved the rotation tool the ear would move as well, even when the “affect pivot only” button was selected, I found this very time consuming. I tried to solve the problem, I moved the ears back into place free hand, however the ears were very difficult to animate. Eventually, I made the decision not to move the ears again, which was a shame as the ears were going to help me emphasise the expressions e.g. when Patchy was sad the ears would move down. This would be something I would go back and fix if I had time.